Applying to LSM is easy!
Submit a recorded audition to firstname.lastname@example.org. See audition requirements below. Audition must be submitted within 30 days of application.
Upon acceptance to LSM, confirm your attendance with a deposit of $350, due within 30 days of acceptance to secure your place.
Know a young musician who would thrive at LSM? Nominate a Student >
Application Fee for LSM 2019
WAIVED if application is received by November 1st, 2018.
$25 if application is received between November 2nd and December 31st, 2018.
$40 if application is received between January 1st and March 31st, 2019.
$50 if application is received after April 1st, 2019.
2019 Enrollment Deadline
Students wishing to attend the 2019 Lutheran Summer Music Academy & Festival should apply by May 15, 2019, which is our priority deadline for Matching Fund opportunities.
We will take applications past May 15th, however there will be no guarantee of financial assistance.
If you’ve already applied or started an application, visit your parent dashboard.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 612-879-9555, ext. 2.
- One vocal solo work demonstrating technical facility and interpretation
- Keyboard accompaniment is preferable
Wind and String instruments
- One instrumental solo work demonstrating technical facility and interpretation
- Two major and two minor scales
- Keyboard accompaniment is preferable, unless not required by the score
- Demonstrate skills on snare, mallet instruments and timpani
- One solo work demonstrating technical facility and interpretation
- Two piano/organ major and two minor scales
- Keyboard students are required to participate in a large ensemble and must submit one solo work on another instrument or voice. Less experienced vocalists may sing a one-octave scale on "la" and the melody of a familiar hymn or folk tune.
Students who are auditioning for primary composition placement must submit:
- Two sample manuscripts of their original work. Manuscripts can be sent via email or mail and will not be returned. All submissions must be in written form; recordings will not be accepted.
- An audition recording of their secondary instrument or voice for large ensemble placement.
On or before May 1, 2019: 50% of all non-match eligible payments received, less the deposit and application fee will be refunded.
On or before June 1, 2019: 25% of all non-match eligible payments received, less the deposit and application fee will be refunded.
On or before June 15, 2019: Match eligible funds are refundable to churches and organizations only. No other refunds will be provided.
ONCE THE ACADEMY IS IN SESSION, in any event that you are dismissed or you decide to withdraw for any reason, fees will not be refunded. It will be your responsibility to repay or otherwise keep good faith with congregations or other persons who contributed financial support directly to you. Lutheran Music Program is not responsible for repayment or refund of any funds which were not awarded directly by the Lutheran Summer Music Academy & Festival.